Happy New Year!!!!
Hopefully you all had a great break and enjoyed time with friends and family.
I am not one for making New Year’s resolutions, I prefer to set myself goals for the year, I like having something to work towards, and the start of a new year brings the time to set my goals.
Last year I had set myself many goals; I achieved all of the important ones but never got to achieve the physical goals I set thanks to injuring my Achilles in August. I spent a total of two months rocking around with a cast and moonboot on. Sadly that mean that all of my hard work from the year that would have seen me reach my goals was mostly undone and I spent the remained of the year focusing on physiotherapy and regaining my strength and flexibility.
I'm still not fully recovered from my Achilles adventure (apparently it's a long road to recovery), so with that long layoff still fresh in my mind I'm setting my goals and making sure I'm kinder to my body in the process.
Over the next 12 months I want to
- Stay injury free for the year - continue to recover from my injury and avoid surgery
- Improve my back squat - aim to squat 80kg
- Attend one yoga class a week to improve flexibility
- Reduce my resting heart rate to 60bpm
- Reduce my body fat to 20%
- Work out at least once a day
To make these goals achievable I am going to break them down and give myself some milestones through the year to keep myself on track. Any goals that I reach before the end of the year will be ticked off and I will set a new goal for myself. I want to make myself accountable for my progress so I'll check in each month and share my progress
Here are the January starting points
- Starting weight on back squat - 20kg
- Starting resting heart rate - 74bpm
- Starting body fat percentage - 29%
My first update will be February 5th